Saturday, June 5, 2010

Percy Jackson:The Lightining Theif Review


I recently read Percy Jackson:The Lightning Thief by Rick Riordan.
Percy Jackson is a miss fit of sorts.He has a learning dis ability and a history of expulsion.His mom married a total loser.But,luckily,he let them go on a trip while he sat on his lazy butt and played poker all day.So,they took his comero.But,unfortunately,a strange monster attacked them and wreaked the car!In order to protect him,she took him to camp Half-Blood.But in the process,his mom got captured,even though he defeated the beast.He met his friend Annabeth and Grover.At first,he had know idea what was going on.But then,he discovered that he was a half-blood,son of Poseidon the sea god.He had to find and return the lightning to prevent war between the big three.(Zeus,Poseidon,and Hades.)He had to dodge Medusa,fight Ares,and even face the god of the dead,Hades.He had a lot of help from Grover and Annabeth as well.They helped him by using their gifts.He also had a gift from the gift from the head of Camp Half Blood.It was what looked like an average ball point pen.But when he uncapped it,it turned into a powerful sword.After facing all the gods,the later found out that their fellow camp mate ,Luke,framed Percy to make people think he stole the lighting bolt.But,things worked out in the end.His stepfather was no longer and he lived on!
I went into this book knowing hardly anything about Greek Mythology.Of course,a lot of my friend's suggested these books,so I got it!And I'm glad I did!I was on the edge of my seat a good majority of the time!And whenever the lazy butt dad was mean to Percy or his mom,I yelled at the book in anger.:) I really think these books informed me on the different gods and their powers!I also liked Riordan's style of writing as well!Worth reading defiantly!

No comments:

Post a Comment