Monday, May 10, 2010

Three Weeks With My Brother Review


I recently read Three Weeks With my Brother by Nicholas and Micha Sparks.


Three Weeks With My Brother tells about the Sparks brothers.They grew up in a poor household along with their
younger sister,Dana.Even though they always seemed to be in competition with on another,they still loved each other.Micha was popular and always got the girl he wanted.But Nick was more of a reserved,straight A student who excelled in track and field.But due to a damaging injury ,he could never run the same.Then,a series of tragic events occurred.While their mom was riding a horse at a local ranch,the horse flipped out,killing her.Then their dad died in a car crash an then their sister died of brian cancer.But despite all the tragedy,they both got married,had children,and were successful at work.While Micha was busy with managing,Nick started writing.On top of that,he worked with his mentally ill son to talk.One day,he got a call from his agent that Warner books wanted to publish one of his novels.That included tours.He was stressed out to the tee.But then he got a flyer in the mail,advertising a trip around the world.He and his brother decided to go together.They traveled everywhere from Australia to the Easter Islands.They both had a fantastic time together seeing the world!

I enjoyed learning a little bit more about my favorite author and different parts of the world,all in the same book!I loved how he seemed to put family at the center of the book!Also,I felt he put a lot of personal and emotional story's.I would highly recommend this book to anyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment