Sunday, May 30, 2010

Charlotte's Web Review



I recently read Charlotte's Web by E.B. White.

Wilber is the runt of the pig litter.The farmer was going to to kill him,but luckily,the farmer's daughter saved him.She would even frequently visit him.But he still needed a friend that lived on the farm.For some strange reason,nobody wanted to be his friend except for a spider named Charlotte.At first,he was shocked that she captured bugs,but then realized that's just the way she survived.Wilber had a fear also that he would be made into meat.So,Charlotte wove the phrase"Some Pig" into the web.This drew a lot of attention attention and they became local celebrities. A second time,she wrote radiant,which made them even more popular.So,he went to the fair!her last thing she weaved was,"Humble."Even thought he didn't win first place,he still got a prize.And it was all thanks to his friend Charlotte!

I know!This book is known!But trust me!I read it and fell in love with it all over again!This book is a story of selfless friendship and love.The way Charlotte took all of that time to save Wilber by weaving various sayings into her web is a perfect example.I know that White used
personification to make the animals more relatable,but I think I learned the most from them!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Laurens Picks For Books, nice entry it has been a while since I have read or saw the movie Charlotte's Web I have to say. Thanks for my comment on Shrek; I suppose you do have a point there because I atleast agree that I bet the most recent Shrek probably wouldn't win the most necessary sequel award if there was such an award.

    ReplyDelete